I really do have a problem remembering to tell you everything at your lesson (especially for those of you who don’t have a parent with you).
Here are some things on my mind:
1. Did you or your child complete the 100 days or 8 weeks til spring contest? If so, you need to tell me quick! I’m scheduling the lunch/dinner. Congrats to those who made it!!!
2. Have you been the facebook FullerFlutes group yet? We’re there, having fun without you. Pictures, and flute conversations amongst us. Come see!
3. Did you pay your recital fee for last month’s recital?? If not, please please remember to ask me about it at your lesson. I need to get that settled up asap.
4. Have you been to the Google Doc for Summer 2013 Schedule?? I invited you all with the emails you specified. You must go there and get at least your info on there. In about 1 more week the whole summer schedule will be up and it’ll be first-come-first-serve. If you aren’t a regular google user, and can’t remember how to visit the page just go to: http://docs.google.com You’ll have to login to your google account (if you’re not already) and then you can see the document. *If you are completely lost here, ask me and I’ll send you a little tutorial.
5. Congrats to those of you who are working on giving your own Home Concerts right now. Proud of you!!
6. Congrats to those who took the “Church Tour” with me this month. We performed quite a bit and had a great time feeling the love and the spirit at the same time. :)
7. If you didn’t see already (on Facebook group), the Celebration Concert held at the LDS conference center in SLC has been postponed to 2015. Oh well.
8. *Look ahead. I’m considering getting us on for a Summer concert series. (advanced students)
9. If you lose this and other announcement emails- remember, we have a website. http://FullerFlutes.com it’s all there.
As you are all aware, I have a really crazy cool January going on with the Holiday at the beginning and then a “last vacation” for my boys in the middle and then Braden’s flight date being changed to a tuesday.
So…. we are only going to have lessons 2 of the weeks this month. Tuition will be half.
Plan on coming to flute lessons at your REGULARLY scheduled lesson times next week AND the last week of January.
January 7-9 YES lessons
January 28-30 YES lessons
NO lessons from January 13 – 27th 2013.
We do have regular lessons in February including a Master Class with Cindy Henderson on February 23rd at WSU in Ogden.
Sign-ups will be posted and the cost is: $20 each student regardless of age or level.
Those of you who have had Master Class with Cindy Henderson know what a great opportunity it is.
You’ll be required to perform a memorized, polished solo for her as well as your tone studies.
I tried to get you all on a group text list so I could text you this type of info as well, but alas those with un-smart phones had problems receiving. So, we will stick to email for now.
It’s that time again (can you believe it?).. let’s get on a schedule.
Upcoming events include a “Mock Competition” in October and a beautiful recital in November.
I love seeing your shining faces (and your new school clothes). Let’s have you parents remember that the flutists will be needing more water the day of their lesson. Being stuck in a hot classroom all day dehydrates the body and starves the brain of what is needed for quick thinking… to play flute well we need both a hydrated body and a quick thinking mind.
If your flutist comes to lessons directly from school, let’s try to have a quick snack, a bathroom break, and a drink first on the way if possible. That’ll help them be prepared for the intense thinking session of their lesson. It also helps me teach well because the student will be more attentive and able to focus.
Your schedule was sent to you on the email. See you at your lesson!