If you haven’t been part of my flute studio before this year, you’re in for a real treat. The 100 Day Contest is HERE!!!
This contest is offered yearly beginning on January 1 – April 10. I’ve changed the words recorded by Andy Williams’s famous “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” to “The Most Learning-est Time of the Year.” I have been running this contest for 15 years now and students never cease to amaze me. ALL students of mine (this means you and your flute-learning children) are required to participate.
Prizes (oh yes!): The Winner-Dinner at the BlueBird Restaurant on April 12, 2014 is only for the winning participants who complete 100 consecutive days of practice. Also, you are entitled to arrange for an “At-Home” prize as well. My children love to spend the whole 100 days dreaming of what they might ask for. I’ve seen many-a-teenager pull off this 100 days without even a prize mention only to be rewarded handsomely as well. Every household gives a different “weight” to this contest, so please don’t advertise your reward to the whole studio.
Rules: *Begin on January 1, 2014 *Practice your instrument fully and daily for the next 100 consecutive days. *Last Day is April 10, 2012 – TXT, Email, or Call to let me know you’ve WON. *You may skip the days you have been hospitalized. *Listening to your performance pieces and fingering your songs are permitted when vomit (eww) and fevers have been a regular part of your day.
The success of your child is in your hands here. Pleeeaase help them. This is also an awesome exercise in honing your “music parent” skills. Do your best, please. These kids want to be successful, and I know you want them to be as well.
*In the rare case that you miss a day, please contact me (Rebecca) and let me know that you are beginning your 100 days over. I am sorry that you will not be eligible for the Winner-Dinner, but the at-home prize is still up for grabs for you.
**BTW: I usually have 11-14 winners from my studio. Let one of them be YOU this year. Yeah!!!
I really do have a problem remembering to tell you everything at your lesson (especially for those of you who don’t have a parent with you).
Here are some things on my mind:
1. Did you or your child complete the 100 days or 8 weeks til spring contest? If so, you need to tell me quick! I’m scheduling the lunch/dinner. Congrats to those who made it!!!
2. Have you been the facebook FullerFlutes group yet? We’re there, having fun without you. Pictures, and flute conversations amongst us. Come see!
3. Did you pay your recital fee for last month’s recital?? If not, please please remember to ask me about it at your lesson. I need to get that settled up asap.
4. Have you been to the Google Doc for Summer 2013 Schedule?? I invited you all with the emails you specified. You must go there and get at least your info on there. In about 1 more week the whole summer schedule will be up and it’ll be first-come-first-serve. If you aren’t a regular google user, and can’t remember how to visit the page just go to: http://docs.google.com You’ll have to login to your google account (if you’re not already) and then you can see the document. *If you are completely lost here, ask me and I’ll send you a little tutorial.
5. Congrats to those of you who are working on giving your own Home Concerts right now. Proud of you!!
6. Congrats to those who took the “Church Tour” with me this month. We performed quite a bit and had a great time feeling the love and the spirit at the same time. :)
7. If you didn’t see already (on Facebook group), the Celebration Concert held at the LDS conference center in SLC has been postponed to 2015. Oh well.
8. *Look ahead. I’m considering getting us on for a Summer concert series. (advanced students)
9. If you lose this and other announcement emails- remember, we have a website. http://FullerFlutes.com it’s all there.
As you are all aware, I have a really crazy cool January going on with the Holiday at the beginning and then a “last vacation” for my boys in the middle and then Braden’s flight date being changed to a tuesday.
So…. we are only going to have lessons 2 of the weeks this month. Tuition will be half.
Plan on coming to flute lessons at your REGULARLY scheduled lesson times next week AND the last week of January.
January 7-9 YES lessons
January 28-30 YES lessons
NO lessons from January 13 – 27th 2013.
We do have regular lessons in February including a Master Class with Cindy Henderson on February 23rd at WSU in Ogden.
Sign-ups will be posted and the cost is: $20 each student regardless of age or level.
Those of you who have had Master Class with Cindy Henderson know what a great opportunity it is.
You’ll be required to perform a memorized, polished solo for her as well as your tone studies.
I tried to get you all on a group text list so I could text you this type of info as well, but alas those with un-smart phones had problems receiving. So, we will stick to email for now.